There's nothing better than home made Lemonade when the sun is shining and the air is hot; So here's a little recipe that should keep you quenched all Summer long.
4 Unwaxed Lemons
100g Caster Sugar
Ice and Mint to serve.
1. Fill up the kettle with water and bring to the boil.
2. Meanwhile using a vegetable peeler, peel the yellow zest off the lemons in wide strips. Put the shaved lemons to one side. Put the zest strips into a heatproof jug.
3. Put the sugar into the jug with the lemon zest. When the kettle boils, measure out 750ml and pour it into the jug with the sugar. Stir well with a wooden spoon until the sugar has dissolved. Put the jug to one side for a couple of hours until the lemonade has cooled down.
4. When the lemonade is cold, fish out the strips of zest and throw them away. Cut the peeled lemons in half and squeeze the juice from them. Pour the juice into the jug and stir well. Refrigerate until cold.
5. Serve the lemonade in a glass with ice and mint garnish.